Friday, August 2, 2013

Bad Mommy...

How is it possible that someone so young can make his way under my skin so bad that I completely SNAP! Oh, yeah - a 3 1/2 year old can. Everyone talks about the terrible 2's - ha, two's nothing compared to the little stinkers they can become once they hit three. But, the worst part - when we let them WIN! And, that's exactly what happened the other night. Isaac pushed the last button - the motherboard breaker that activated a screaming mommy who was done with the back and forth conversation that was going nowhere painfully slow, and it was clear – I needed to walk away. But of course, not before screaming God Dangit (but the real thing, which is SOOOO not me!) – G-O T-O B-E-D! Accompanied by me storming out – slamming the door shut behind me. Not my proudest moment! I made it downstairs, but turned right back around - obviously feeling horrible about what I'd just done. So, what's the rational thing to do next, of course, crawl in bed with him, sobbing I'm sorry - mommy had a really rough day - please forgive me. For him to reply with, I wish you didn't have to go to work in the morning. Are you kidding me?! Brutal. I felt the crappiest I've ever felt as a mom...in my whole 3 1/2 years - LOL. But in all seriousness - it was a low moment, but dangit, you need to listen to mommy! And that's what I also made sure to say. And, not that I'll make a general practice of hollering GD, and risk waking up the other kid, along with feeling like shit, he's been somewhat less of a stinker these past two days! TGIF!

No comments:

Post a Comment