Sunday, January 5, 2014

The trouble with Transformers

So, it wasn't the loud banging of metal and missiles being shot across the screen that made me regret letting Isaac watch Transformers for the first time this past weekend. It was the premature explanation I had to come up with on a whim about why face clutching - tilted head, closed-eye kisses are NOT meant for mommy (or family for that matter). I wish I had a picture to post, but basically my knee jerk response was, literally laughing out load, taking his hands and telling him those kisses should be saved for a girlfriend or wife someday. Are you kidding me? Am I really having this conversation with a 4 year old, is all that kept floating through my head as I'm explaining myself. Dammit - I knew I should have vetoed anything past G Rating for another year! Of course he didn't make any gesture letting on to how much he wished he was the guy getting to drive Bumblebee home and lock lips with super hottie, Megan Fox. However, saying good night a few hours later told a completely different story. This was a perfect example of you reap what you sow. Hello - parenting 101, they are soaking in EVERYTHING - not just the cars turning into mega machines. They are watching the same make-out scenes as you and wondering, hmmmm...why are they kissing like that? I can't fault him for being glossy eyed and anxious to copy the newly discovered smooching technique (that we essentially exposed him to!), but still an awkward moment for me! Dad certainly saw far less harm in the whole matter and actually wrapped up part 2 a little while ago. Hopefully they were more focused on the loud cars this time! LOL...we'll see. Happy New Year - never a dull minute in the Devlin household! No resolutions this year - just a promise to post more often!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment