Friday, May 10, 2019

My tribute to Dad - 5 MS Mud Runs - in 5 Months - with at least 5 muddy buddies in each location!

My Dad - Mike was diagnosed with MS back in 2004 and the disease progressed rapidly taking his vision, ability to walk, to care for himself and finally became bedridden due to paralysis. Having this happen to one of the most active and involved dads you'll ever meet was devastating and Dad never really accepted the reality his legs wouldn't work again - and there would be no more long distance races...no future rounds of golf and he'd never get to experience running around with his grandkids.  

The final stage of his MS started October 18, 2018 with seizures and his ability to talk or swallow never returned. We said bye to Dad November 3, but there is no doubt he is running the streets of heaven - probably recruiting his own MuckFest Team!

The MS Society has always been an organization we could depend on, so this year as a tribute to my dad - I'm running all 5 MuckFest Races - in 5 months - but I need your help growing a team in each location! 

My goal is to have at least 5 people join my team for each race - raise lots of awareness about MS, and meet bigger fundraising goals than ever before!

It's going to be a muddy blast and you should join me! Support me and the National MS Society with a Donation or join my team and get muddy with us!


We all have our cause - and this one is mine and is incredibly important to me, so I hope you will do your part to help end MS forever.

More info about MS...
Multiple sclerosis is an unpredictable, often disabling disease of the central nervous system that disrupts the flow of information within the brain, and between the brain and body.
  • MS affects more than 2.3 million people worldwide.
  • MS impacts each individual differently. Symptoms range from numbness and tingling to blindness and paralysis. 
  • There is no cure for MS.
100% of your donation benefits the National Multiple Sclerosis Society and takes us one step closer to a world free of MS.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment