Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Living for the weekends!

Since being back at work full time and wrestling a daily commute of up to an hour and half each way some days, the weekends are now more important than ever. It’s knowing I have 2 full days with Mark and Isaac right around the corner that keeps me motivated to crank at mock speed all week. Aside from me being a little under the weather and having to make another pit stop in Fremont to drop off a few necessities for my dad, this past weekend was perfect – and full of firsts.

On Friday night we attempted to move Isaac into his own room – something we’ve been putting off for several weeks now. Can I just tell you – he not only slept through the night (the first time since tooth 1 and tooth 2 came in), he slept sound in his crib – in his own room – woohoo! The sound of Isaac’s nose whistling a.k.a snoring that played through the baby monitor was music to our ears – the perfect white noise to rock us to sleep. Then 4 ‘o clock Saturday morning rolled around, and the pain of engorged breasts woke me up from a dead sleep.

Like any other reasonable person trying to stack her stash of breast milk, I made my way to the kitchen and hooked myself up to my buddy – the breast pump. I was just about deflated to a comfortable level before Isaac started fussing and was ready for an early breakfast. I vaguely heard him start to whine over the cheesy 80’s disco thumping noise my pump makes when I looked up from my Parenting – the Early Years magazine to see Mark looking at me like, what the hell are you doing? Don’t you hear him? That’s not actually what he was thinking, or even said, but he definitely had the, I’m half asleep, and would much rather be in bed look going on.

When Mark first heard the baby whimper and noticed I wasn’t in bed, he initially thought I was already on my way to retrieve him. It wasn’t until 5 minutes later and still a whimpering baby, Mark realized I was up to something else – that’s when he ventured to the kitchen to find me relieving myself via the breast pump. Needless to say, I wrapped up fairly quick; Mark offered to store the goods in the freezer; and I made my way to Isaac’s room to feed him. By 6 a.m. everyone was back in their own beds fast asleep, well almost fast asleep – papa was excited to no longer have a G rated room and welcomed me back to bed with something that would definitely help rock me back to a comfortable slumber, if you catch my drift. Yeah - TMI - just trying to make a point - lovin' doesn't have to stop just because you have kids!

The three of us slept well into the 9 o’clock hour; and Saturday ended up being a very lazy day, which was just what the doctor ordered given the fact I was dealing with sinus pressure from hell and a stuffy nose that would only drain when I laid on the side opposite that was stuffed – good times!

Sunday rolled around – and Isaac showed us his latest talent of rolling over. LOL – no pun intended. Mark and I sat in amazement, cheering him on, hoping he would figure out how to roll back over instead of smashing his face into the floor while he tried to master the art of scooting. After observing a couple of minutes of struggling, we’d help roll him back over and watch anxiously to see how quick he’d roll himself back over again. Isaac is definitely a professional roller from back to tummy, but he’s still learning to get those arms and legs to work together. Yeah, yeah – I know, he’s still young, I get it, but can’t a mom be proud that her son is on his way to crawling – very exciting!

We made sure to update Isaac’s baby book with the latest accomplishments...2 pearly white teeth to add to his beautiful smile; taking resident in the cutest room in the house – his nursery; and mastering the art of momentum – yay for Isaac who can roll over. The joys of parenting!

No comments:

Post a Comment