Friday, May 28, 2010

Isaac’s first business trip

It was just after 6 a.m. the Tahoe was packed from head to toe – stroller, check; car seat, check; luggage, check; computer, check; breast pump, check; plane ticket, check – now we just needed to get there, but first, we needed to make a quick stop at grandma’s house.

Our flight left at 8:07 a.m., so I thought for sure that leaving our place at 6 a.m. would give us plenty of time – rookie mistake! Now, I’m no rookie at traveling – I’m so that person behind you in security mumbling to myself to get your damn shoes off and computer out of your bag – but flying by the seat of my pants doesn’t work when you have a 5 month old as your carry on.

It was pretty classic though – I was THAT woman. Picture this – cover up draped over me, baby on boob, stroller and car seat serving as storage, and here I am getting the arm workout of my life, right arm propping up Isaac, left arm dragging carry-on luggage, while grandma took care of the base and stroller. What a scene is all I can say. Thank God we aren’t famous because paparazzi would have had a field day!

I’ll take the blame for this one. Isaac did great on the way to the airport, but who could expect him to wait patiently to eat when mom pushed his normal breakfast back almost 2 hours...not my little boy!

During take-off he was still going to town, so his ears and the cabin pressure weren’t an issue. When time to land rolled around, he was still enjoying a mid-morning nap. Overall the plane ride was a breeze.

I had a busy three days in the Portland office, but we made time to give the attorneys and secretaries the dose of Isaac they were hoping for. Overall the trip was great...the only issue was Isaac and his teeth. I’ll save that for another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment