Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Party Planner – My favorite past time!

Anyone who knows me can vouch – I love to throw parties. So with the hubby’s big 3-0 bash just 3 days away, you know I’ve got my hands FULL! Mark wasn’t initially on board with the idea – didn’t want all the attention that comes along with a birthday party, but ha, ha – I was able to talk him into it!

The RSVP’s are still trickling in and there are a handful of folks who I know will be there, but have forgotten to look back at the evite and mark their response as “wouldn’t miss it for the world” – you know who you are! It’s surely going to be a night to remember, but it won’t be the rendition of our wedding reception I was hoping for – where Nor Cal friends met So Cal friends. It’ll be more like a family and friend reflection of Mark’s life in Nor Cal – and we’ll have plenty of pictures to help with the reminiscing! Isaac will be making an appearance at the beginning of the party, as will several of our friends’ kids. Mark just couldn’t resist the urge to show off his little stud! Isaac will likely cut out around 8 p.m. to spend time with grandma at the hotel until mom and dad show up after the party ends around midnight.

I’m still working out the final day-of details, but the BIG stuff is DONE. Venue is booked; dinner, cake and keg have been ordered; wine has been delivered; Costco run is complete; play list is being finalized – we still need to replace some of the rap crap with classic rock; floor plan is finished – yes, I needed to sketch out the room; games have been decided – yes, we will have games: Texas hold ‘em, beer pong and Nerf basketball; and the most fun task – picture collages are COMPLETE! Last stop this week is to Dollar Tree for the cheesy favors!

I even (think) I know what I will be wearing...

Last week I found a cute little black dress at Loehmann's, so I’m praying the rain holds off, because God knows I don’t want to be that person who ends up freezing her ass off, just for the sake of a damn dress! My sister is completely booked on Saturday, so I’m going to have to figure out how to pull off my own up-do, and since getting back from Portland last week, I’m still playing catch up on the frozen milk supply, so I still need to find time to pump a few extra meals for Isaac; not to mention find time to get my toes and eye brows done – eeekkk, so much to still do!!!

For the past few nights before drifting off to sleep I’ve been daydreaming about what I plan to say for Mark’s Birthday toast. I practiced on him last night during his (actual) B-day dinner, but I still need to pull my thoughts together. There’s so much I want to say (surprise, surprise) – do you blame me? He IS the man who changed by outlook on life and love ten years ago, but I’ll limit myself to 2 minutes – promise!

His Birthday dinner at home last night was really sweet. On our commute home we kept going back and forth about what he wanted to eat, but he finally decided on Taco Tuesday at the Devlin’s – followed by a delicious sampling of cupcakes from a yummy bakery down the street from my office in San Francisco! I did pretty good with his gift selection this year – only one return will be necessary, and it’s because the brand of shoes I bought runs a little small, so 13 was no good! Overall, I think it's been a great Birthday week for Mark – and thanks to momma dukes for the yummy split pea soup you made us, which kicked off the festivities last Sunday!

I’ll be back tomorrow with a recap of Isaac’s first plane ride, and momma’s first business trip since being back from maternity leave. And I’m certain Mark’s party will set me up with a load of future blog entries! TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment