Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My First Mother’s Day

Spending Mother’s Day with my husband and son this past Sunday was priceless. We ventured off to a couple of wineries in Silicon Valley and had a beautiful picnic under the sun, which thankfully finally made an appearance as we began to grub down on lunch. We had plenty of milk in reserve for Isaac, so Mark let me give in to the temptation of wine...some more wine, and probably more wine than I had any business drinking. It was a lovely day; it’s just a shame that I didn’t leave well enough alone, and begged Mark to head further south to a Mother’s Day party we got a last minute invite to.

What was supposed to be a brief “let’s only stay for 1 drink detour” turned into a 4 hour boondoggle that left Mark with his hands full – and two babies to care for. Needless to say, my body was pretty pissed off at me by 8 o’clock, and the wine no longer wanted to stay in my system (if you catch my drift). Lesson learned – you CAN’T drink vino all day and expect to feel human the next morning. It’s just not going to happen. The kicker is the tummy ache that’s lingered for the past 2 days. Not a good feeling when I have to get on a plane tomorrow morning.
It will surely be a Mother’s Day to remember – and a reminder to stop while you're ahead – and let a good day, stay a good day, and not turn into a rough night. Thank God for Mark who loves be unconditional – I owe you one lovey. Here’s to your Birthday Bash in a few weeks...and Cheri enjoying LOTS of water!

No comments:

Post a Comment